IWM Film website upgrade: self-selection and authorised download of HD clips. More info
By continuing to use this site without changing your cookie settings,
and for us to access our cookies on your device.
Other titles:ROYAL NAVY NEWS MAGAZINES [Allocated Series Title]
Summary: Royal Navy news magazine.
1. Sarah Shepheard introduces the programme from the scrum of the naval Rugby Team in training.
2. Sport and adventure.
a. Exposition of resources for sport and adventure.
b. Visit to Yeovilton SASH and brief interviews with LPT Bill Stretton and LWtr Kevin Ashford.
3. Historic Portsmouth. Tony Bastable-
a. -looks at extent of decay under N. Corner Jetty.
b. -visits Portsmouth Dockyard reservoir and No.5 Dock.
c. -interviews Master Rigger Arthur Arnell in the Rigging Shop
d. -explains the problems of the Command Telephone Exchange and interviews the Chief Supervisor, Wendy Thacker.
a. HMS Ark Royal and RF A Argus sail for Bosnia. Preps on passage.
b. First women Musicians pass out at RM Deal.
c; Merlin's Deck Landing Trials on HMS Iron Duke.
d. HMS Gloucester helps out at an orphanage in Albania.
5. HMS Norfolk Shock Trials. Interviews with Lieutenant Commander Alan Denison (MEO) and Ian Peacock (Trials Sponsor).
6. Link: from Semaphore Tower to Orciere Merlette where the Second Sea Lord, Admiral Sir Michael Livesay, talks about fitness in the navy.
7. Sarah Shepheard interviews Captain Angus Sandford (DNPTS) onboard the yacht Adventure.
8. Tony Bastable visits Saumarez Block at HMS Nelson and talks to Junior Rates who live there.
9. Tony Bastable interviews Flag Officer Portsmouth, Rear Admiral David Bawtree, on conditions in the Naval Base.
Production Country: GB
Production Details: Royal Navy (Production sponsor)
World Wide Pictures (Production company)
Personalities, Units and Organisations:
Physical Characteristics: Colour format: Colour
Sound format: Sound
Soundtrack language: English
Title language: English
Subtitle language: None
Technical Details: Format: Beta-SP
Number of items/reels/tapes: 1
Notes: Technical: labelled "Dub" and numbered "11896" (production number ?).