THE FIRST PRISONERS FROM NORMANDY ARRIVE IN ENGLAND (PART 1) [Allocated Title]
Created by filmcom…@iwm.org.uk
- Title: THE FIRST PRISONERS FROM NORMANDY ARRIVE IN ENGLAND (PART 1) [Allocated Title]
- Film Number: A70 30-1
- Other titles:
- Summary: German prisoners seen arriving at a reception camp at Kempton Park.
- Description: Under the supervision of ordinary British Army personnel (Pioneer Corps?) and Military Police, Wehrmacht NCOs and ORs form up on the station platform at Kempton Park before entering No 9 POW Reception Camp for screening; four German army officers are led away separately along the platform. Forty or so subdued-looking prisoners sit and wait inside the race-course's former restaurant before they are allowed to join other POWs waiting to enter the camp. Among the ordinary Wehrmacht infantry prisoners, there appear to be several Sturmgeschütz, Organisation Todt and Waffen SS (12th SS Panzer Division) personnel.
- Access Conditions: IWM Attribution: © IWM
- Featured Period: 1939-1945
- Production Date: 1944-06-07
- Production Country: GB
- Production Details: Directorate of Public Relations, War Office (Production sponsor) Army Film and Photographic Unit (Production company) Legge (Sergeant) (Production individual)
- Personalities, Units and Organisations: British Army, Royal Pioneer Corps (regiment/service) British Army, Royal Military Police (regiment/service) German Army, Div, Panzer, 21 (?) (regiment/service) German Waffen-SS & SS Panzer Div 12 (Hitlerjugend) (regiment/service) OrganisationTodt (regiment/service)
- Keywords: prisoners of war, German - reception (object name) prisoners of war, German - custody (object name) Second World War, British Home Front & Operation Overlord & 7/6/1944 (event) GB, England & Kempton Park, Middx <Number 9 POW Reception Camp> (geography) GB, England & Kempton Park, Middx <railway station> (geography)
- Physical Characteristics: Colour format: B&W Sound format: Silent Soundtrack language: None Title language: None Subtitle language: None
- Technical Details: Format: 35mm Footage: 97 ft; Running time: 1 min
- Notes: Remarks: good footage Technical: A70 29 and A70 30 are held on the same reel.
- Link to IWM Collections page:
- Related IWM Collections Objects: