IWM Film http://film.iwmcollections.org.uk/ is a website designed for the needs of commercial film researchers accessing the IWM film collection.
IWM Film site is owned by IWM, powered by Imagen.
Imperial War Museums (IWM) is a charitable corporation established by statute whose office is situated at Lambeth Road, London SE1 6HZ.
All visual material and metadata available on this site are in the ownership of, or copyright of, IWM or made available by IWM with permission of the rights holders.
USING OUR WEBSITE
Downloads are available from the IWM Film site for the purposes of evaluation and review only.
By downloading visual material from the IWM Film site you confirm your agreement to the following:
- The material will be used for evaluation, review and selection only and for no other purposes.
- The user will not remove any watermark or spoiler.
- The material will not be used in any way that suggests that IWM, or any rights holder, endorses the use of the material.
- The material will not be used in any way that trivialises, sensationalises or demeans the subject matter
By making the research material you have collated in Your collections Public or Share with groups and users on the IWM Film site you are agreeing that your collected content may be used by others.
ABUSE OR FRAUDULENT USE OF THE IWM FILM SITE
Your use of the IWM Film site is conditional upon ensuring and procuring that there is no fraudulent use of the same. Abuse and fraudulent use shall include:
- any attempt to copy, duplicate, modify, create derivative works from or distribute or make available all or any portion of the Platform (including any software, data or information included on or forming part of the Platform).
- any attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the Platform (including any software included on or forming part of the Platform).
- any attempt to access all or any part of the Platform (including any information, data or software included on or forming part of the Platform) in order to build a product or service.
- any attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, unauthorised access to the Platform (including any software or data included on or forming part of the Platform and any materials derived therefrom).
- the carrying out of unauthorised invisible processing when using the Platform (including placing web bugs and other monitoring devices on computers accessing the Platform).
IWM makes reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on the IWM Film site but gives no warranty about the accuracy of any description of any of the material on this website and accepts no liability in the event of proving inaccurate.
IWM and the site provider, take reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, cancelbots, corrupted files or any other items that may damage the operation of computers existing on the IWM Film site, but cannot accept any liability for any damage caused by interaction with this site.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances shall IWM be liable for any loss or damage suffered (including without limitation direct or indirect losses) arising from the use of, or reliance on, the IWM Film site.
We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or any wilful act on the IWM Film site or for other statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded.
tel +44 (0) 20 7416 5291/2
Film – Media Sales and Licensing
London SE1 6HZ