- Title: WITH THE INDIAN TROOPS AT THE FRONT PART II [Main Title]
- Film Number: IWM 202-2
- Other titles: OFFICIAL PICTURES OF THE BRITISH ARMY IN FRANCE - FIRST SERIES [Series Title]
- Summary: Units of the former Indian Corps, mainly 7th (Meerut) Division, just after the Corps' disbandment, in rear areas before their departure from France, November and December 1915.
- Description: Lieutenant-Colonel G H Bell, with his adjutant Lieutenant Gray, taking the salute at the side of the road as his battalion, 69th Punjab Infantry, marches past, 14 November. 58th (Vaughan's) Rifles marching in column across a field. 1st Battalion, Seaforth Highlanders with its transport marching through a village in wet weather. An Indian battalion of 7th Division on the march in road column in wet weather, followed by one of the division's Gurkha battalions. 93rd Burma Infantry resting by the roadside in the rain and wet. Nearby, 1st Seaforths also relax, and three bagpipers give an improvised performance, at which one or two of the men begin dancing. Also nearby, another of the division's Indian battalions rests by a stream.
- Access Conditions: IWM Attribution: © IWM
- Featured Period: 1914-1918
- Production Date: 1916-01-24
- Production Country: GB
- Production Details: War Office (Production sponsor) British Topical Committee for War Films (Production company) Malins, Geoffrey H (Production individual) Tong, Edward G (Production individual)
- Personalities, Units and Organisations: Bell, G H (person) Gray, E H (person) Indian Army, 69th Punjabi Regiment (regiment/service) Indian Army, 58th Vaughan's Rifles (Frontier Force) (regiment/service) Indian Army, 7th (Meerut) Division (regiment/service) Indian Army, 93rd Burma Infantry (regiment/service) British Army, Seaforth Highlanders, 1st Battalion (regiment/service)
- Keywords: equipment, British - personal: bagpipes (object name) 01/3(4-15).4 (event) France (geography) Race (concept) Autumn (concept)
- Physical Characteristics: Colour format: B&W Sound format: Silent Soundtrack language: None Title language: English Subtitle language: English
- Technical Details: Format: 35mm Number of items/reels/tapes: 1 Footage: 407 ft; Running time: 7 mins
- Notes: Cameraman: this was either Malins or Tong. Summary: this film was subject to censorship at GHQ France. The resulting censored sections are now in IWM 383.
- Link to IWM Collections page:
Related IWM Collections Objects:
IWM 383 (SECTIONS RELEASED FROM GHQ POSITIVE BOX [Main Title])