WITH LAWRENCE IN ARABIA : a Lowell Thomas Adventure Film [Main Title]
Created by filmcom…@iwm.org.uk
- Title: WITH LAWRENCE IN ARABIA : a Lowell Thomas Adventure Film [Main Title]
- Film Number: IWM 1131a
- Other titles:
- Summary: Compilation film of events in Arabia, autumn 1917 to spring 1918.
- Description: A portrait still of Colonel T E Lawrence. The embarkation of supplies and sheep on SS Ozarda at Port Said, the journey to Jidda, and the disembarkation. Some irregular Bedouin horsemen of Prince Feisal's forces 'charge' the camera. Lawrence and Feisal drive along a road in a Ford Model T with an escort of Bedouins. A squadron of Lawrence's armoured cars moves along a desert road. Feisal stands with his men. Finally Feisal's troops "moving up to battle" (no enemy in sight).
- Access Conditions: IWM Attribution: © IWM (IWM 1131a)
- Featured Period: 1914-1918
- Production Date: 1927
- Production Country: United States of America
- Production Details: Eastman Kodak Company (Production company) Thomas, Lowell18921981American writer and broadcaster (Production individual) Chase, H A (Production individual)
- Personalities, Units and Organisations: Lawrence, Thomas Edward (person) Feisal I, King of Iraq (person) Army of Hejaz (regiment/service)
- Keywords: ships, Egyptian civilian - transport: Ozarda (object name) animals, mammals: sheep (object name) animals, mammals: camel (object name) transport, British military - car: Ford Model T light car (object name) armour, British - armoured car: Rolls-Royce (object name) combat [simulated], Arab - irregular (object name) 08/3(532) [1917 Arab Revolt] (event) Egypt & Port Said (geography) Saudi Arabia & Jidda (geography) desert (concept)
- Physical Characteristics: Colour format: B&W Sound format: Silent Soundtrack language: None Title language: English Subtitle language: English
- Technical Details: Format: 16mm Number of items/reels/tapes: 1 Footage: 92 ft; Running time: 5 mins
- Notes: Summary: see also IWM 41 Technical: this film is currently held on the same reel as films IWM 1131b and IWM 1131c, the can is marked as IWM 1131-01, but there is no second reel The original material would have been shot on 35mm.
- Link to IWM Collections page:
Related IWM Collections Objects:
MGH 241-1 (TESTING OF THREE BRITISH POWER BOAT COMPANY CRAFT ON THE SOLENT [Allocated Title])