HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS THE DUKE OF CONNAUGHT INSPECTS CADETS AT THE IMPERIAL SCHOOL OF INSTRUCTION, ZEITOUN [Main Title]
- Title: HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS THE DUKE OF CONNAUGHT INSPECTS CADETS AT THE IMPERIAL SCHOOL OF INSTRUCTION, ZEITOUN [Main Title]
- Film Number: IWM 21
- Other titles:
- Summary: The visit of the Duke of Connaught to the Imperial School of Instruction at Zeitoun to review the cadets, part of his tour of Egypt and the Palestine Front between January and March 1918.
- Description: The camp prepares with the cadets drawn up on parade. The Duke's car arrives and he gets out. He and his staff watch demonstrations of heliograph and semaphore signalling, and the firing of Hotchkiss automatic rifles, Lewis machine guns and Vickers machine guns. The marchpast at the end includes a band and an Indian Army contingent.
- Access Conditions: IWM Attribution: © IWM
- Featured Period: 1914-1918
- Production Date: 1918-04
- Production Country: GB
- Production Details: Ministry of Information (Production sponsor) Topical Film Company (Production company) Jury, William F (Production individual) Jeapes, Harold (Production individual) Hurley, Frank1885-10-151962-01-16Australian photographer (Production individual)
- Personalities, Units and Organisations: Arthur, Prince (Duke of Connaught) (person) British Army, Egyptian Expeditionary Force (regiment/service) British Army, Imperial School of Instruction, Zeitoun (regiment/service) Indian Army, Egyptian Expeditionary Force (regiment/service)
- Keywords: training, British military (object name) delegations, British national - military (object name) delegations, British imperial - military (object name) communications, British military - direct: heliograph (object name) communications, British military - direct: semaphore (object name) weapons, British - smallarm: Hotchkiss automatic rifle (object name) weapons, British - smallarm: Vickers machine gun (object name) weapons, British - smallarm: Lewis machine gun (object name) 01/3(569) (event) Egypt & Zeitoun (geography)
- Physical Characteristics: Colour format: B&W Sound format: Silent Soundtrack language: None Title language: English Subtitle language: None
- Technical Details: Format: 35mm Number of items/reels/tapes: 1 Footage: 580 ft; Running time: 10 mins
- Notes: Summary: see also IWM 60. Remarks: a very pleasant, nicely filmed little piece, worlds away from war photography and a good illustration of the quality the cameramen could provide if not working under the constraints of active service filming.
- Link to IWM Collections page:
Related IWM Collections Objects:
IWM 60 (PALESTINE SECTIONS [Main Title])