- Title: WATER [Allocated Title]
- Film Number: MGH 6188
- Other titles: COLONEL HODGKINSON - SOUTH EAST ASIA COMMAND [Allocated Series Title]
- Summary: Offcuts from several of Colonel Hodgkinson's films.
- Description: Aerial shots of a river and surrounding jungle. Brief shot of vehicles ascending a mountain track, some snow on adjacent hillside? An Indian man and British officer paddling a small boat on a lake (possibly Dal Lake, Srinagar). Group shot of an Indian dignitary and Indian Army soldiers (also one US Army officer?). Two men mooring a houseboat. Shot of a lake, houseboat and a small boat approaching it. Six (Indian?) soldiers walking along a path through a wooded area. An Indian man walks through the ruins of a building. An Indian family walk past the camera, one woman carries two jugs of water. A procession passes along the street in Burma. Shirts blowing on a washing line. Two men lay out white sheets? to dry. A funeral procession in Burma. Aerial shot of refugees on the road in Kashmir. Fountains in a garden. Small children playing with wooden building blocks. A group of Indian men some in white suits, a tray of petals is offered to one of the men.
- Access Conditions: IWM Attribution: © IWM
- Featured Period:
- Production Date: 1947
- Production Country: GB
- Production Details: Hodgkinson, Frank Outram (Production individual)
- Personalities, Units and Organisations:
- Physical Characteristics: Colour format: Colour Sound format: Silent
- Technical Details: Format: 16mm Number of items/reels/tapes: 1 Running time: 2 mins ca
- Notes: Allocated Title taken from Hodgkinson's original can markings. Date: stock date on Kodachrome is 1943 Technical: original/copy status of film not marked Offcuts from other films, including the funeral of Aung San. Summary: subject related to Partition of India in August 1947.
- Link to IWM Collections page:
Related IWM Collections Objects: