ANTE ROSO AND RASIM DELIC SIGN PEACE AGREEMENT (title on label) [Allocated Title]
Created by filmcom…@iwm.org.uk
- Title: ANTE ROSO AND RASIM DELIC SIGN PEACE AGREEMENT (title on label) [Allocated Title]
- Film Number: UNT 960
- Other titles: UNITED NATIONS TELEVISION (UNTV) ZAGREB COLLECTION, YUGOSLAVIA [Allocated Series Title]
- Summary: Press conference to announce a peace agreement between Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia. Present are General Delić, Chief of Staff of the Army of the Republic of Bosnia-Herzegovina, General Michael Rose, SRSG Yasushi Akashi, General Jean Cot and General Roso of the Army of Croatia.
- Description: UNPROFOR soldiers wait outside a building. UNPROFOR officers come out of the building and stride past camera. UNTV joke around filming ‘Will’ in suit and tie. Press conference to announce the peace agreement. Five men sit at a table, a large UN flag hanging on the wall behind them. Left to right, these men are General Delić, Chief of Staff of the Army of the Republic of Bosnia-Herzegovina, General Michael Rose, SRSG Yasushi Akashi, General Jean Cot and General Roso of the Army of Croatia. Yasushi Akashi says that the two commanders in chief, who have been fighting in Bosnia-Herzegovina, have signed a peace agreement. He offers his congratulations to both sides and to his colleagues who worked hard for this result. He says “let us hope that this agreement brings real peace and harmony to Bosnia-Herzegovina”. He says that the people of Bosnia-Herzegovina have suffered enough and that this has been the impulse behind this agreement and the ceasefire that has begun in Sarajevo. This agreement was also made possible by the international community’s desire to mediate a peace. He says that Mr. Stoltenberg and Lord Owen have been in discussion with them about their hopes for a political settlement at the Geneva negotiations. Giving some background to this agreement, Akashi says that General Roso and Mr. Šaranić visited him two days ago and UNPROFOR were happy to facilitate dialogue between the two sides. General Rose and General Cot became mediators between General Delić and General Roso, who were able to come to an agreement. General Rose says that the agreement will lead to the withdrawal of forces from the entire line of conflict between Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia. UNPROFOR are not yet sure if they will deploy along the whole length of the line. Currently a joint commission is working to identify key positions where UNPRFOR could deploy. He says that initially UNPROFOR resources will be stretched but if the ceasefire holds, then they will be able to use personnel that have been escorting aid convoys, which would no longer need military support in a ceasefire. He ends by saying that the people in this country want to live in peace and so he is hopeful that the ceasefire will hold.
- Access Conditions:
- Featured Period: 1976-2000
- Production Date: 1994-02-23
- Production Country: UN
- Production Details:
- Personalities, Units and Organisations: Akashi, Yasushi (person) Cot, Jean (person) Rose, Michael (person) Roso, Ante (person) Delić, Rasim (person)
- Physical Characteristics:
- Technical Details: Format: Hi-8 Footage: 60; Running time: 11 mins
- Notes: Technical: Original.
- Link to IWM Collections page:
- Related IWM Collections Objects: