ARMOURED REINFORCEMENTS MOVE UP TO 30TH CORPS' FRONT AT MONT PINCON [Allocated Title]
Created by filmcom…@iwm.org.uk
- Title: ARMOURED REINFORCEMENTS MOVE UP TO 30TH CORPS' FRONT AT MONT PINCON [Allocated Title]
- Film Number: A70 116-10
- Other titles:
- Summary: While the rest of the 7th Armoured Division is placed in reserve, units serving with the 22nd Armoured Brigade join up with the 43rd (Wessex) Division on the southern slopes of Mont Pincon.
- Description: Two Canadian-pattern 15 cwt-trucks drive past a column of Sherman Crab flail tanks belonging to the Westminster Dragoons awaiting the call into action near Roucamps (?). The burnt-out remains of trucks, lorries and jeeps from the 1/5th Battalion Queen's Regiment which were destroyed by mines and shell-fire on August 5th 1944 litter the main road running through the village of Vallée de Hamars. Cromwell and Firefly tanks from the 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards and a lone 5th Royal Horse Artillery OP Cromwell tank churn up the dusty road from Roucamps to Le Plessis-Grimoult, where they will join up with 43rd Division's 129th Brigade.
- Access Conditions: IWM Attribution: © IWM
- Featured Period: 1939-1945
- Production Date: 1944-08-09
- Production Country: GB
- Production Details: Directorate of Public Relations, War Office (Production sponsor) Army Film and Photographic Unit (Production company) Ginger (Sergeant) (Production individual)
- Personalities, Units and Organisations: British Army, Bde, Armoured, 30 (regiment/service) British Army, Div, Armoured, 79 (regiment/service) British Army, Queen's Regiment, Bn 1/5 (regiment/service) British Army, Dragoon Guards, 5 (regiment/service) British Army, Bde, Armoured, 22 (regiment/service) British Army, Div, Armoured, 7 (regiment/service) British Army, Corps 30 (regiment/service) British Army, Royal Artillery (regiment/service) British Army, Yeomanry, London, County of, 2 (regiment/service)
- Keywords: armour, United States - funnies: M4 Sherman Crab & [British] (object name) armour, British - tank: Cromwell (object name) armour, United States - funnies: M4 Sherman Firefly & [British] (object name) transport, Canadian military - truck: CMP truck (object name) transport, United States military - truck: Fordson 3-ton 4x4 (object name) Operation Bluecoat, Mont Pinçon 1944, North West Europe, Second World War (event) Normandy, France (geography)
- Physical Characteristics: Colour format: B&W Sound format: Silent Soundtrack language: None Title language: None Subtitle language: None
- Technical Details: Format: 35mm Footage: 174 ft; Running time: 2 mins
- Notes: Note: See with A70 108-4 and 7 and 113-14 and 24 for footage showing the 7th Armoured division in action with 30th Corps during Operation "Bluecoat" and refer to footage showing the 43rd (Wessex) Division in action on Mont Pincon. The 7th Armoured Division was withdrawn into reserve shortly after the capture of Mont Pincon and later took part in 1st Corps' advance to the Seine in late August 1944. Remarks: Good footage. Best seen with items of ciné material listed above. Documentation/associated material: Refer to A70 108-4 and 7 for a bibliography.
- Link to IWM Collections page:
- Related IWM Collections Objects: