US GENERAL OLD DISCUSSES PLANS AT HQ TROOP CARRIER COMMAND AT COMILLA, EAST BENGAL, INDIA [Allocated Title]
- Title: US GENERAL OLD DISCUSSES PLANS AT HQ TROOP CARRIER COMMAND AT COMILLA, EAST BENGAL, INDIA [Allocated Title]
- Film Number: ABY 13
- Other titles: ROYAL AIR FORCE OPERATIONS IN SOUTH EAST ASIA DURING THE SECOND WORLD WAR [Allocated Series Title]
- Summary: United States Army Air Force General Old, head of Troop Carrier Command, discusses plans for supply and troop movements in support of beleaguered Imphal with subordinates.
- Description: General Old with Group Captain Donaldson and Wing Commander Fielding and a number of other staff officers and other ranks.
- Access Conditions: IWM Attribution: © IWM
- Featured Period: 1939-1945
- Production Date: 1944-05-31
- Production Country: GB
- Production Details: Air Ministry, Directorate of Public Relations (Production sponsor) Royal Air Force Film Production Unit (Production company) Layzell, R G (Production individual)
- Personalities, Units and Organisations: Old, William D (person) Air Command South East Asia, Eastern Air Command, Troop Carrier Command (regiment/service)
- Keywords: Comilla, Bengal Province, India (geography) HQ Troop Carrier Command (geography) Imphal 1944, Burma 1942-1945, Second World War (event) Air supply operations, Air operations over Burma, Burma 1942-1945, Second World War (event) United States Air Forces 1939-1945 (theme) India 1939-1945 (theme) Far East 1939-1945 (theme) Royal Air Force 1939-1945 (theme)
- Physical Characteristics: Colour format: B&W Sound format: Silent
- Technical Details: Format: 35mm Number of items/reels/tapes: 1 Footage: 75 ft; Running time: 1 min
- Notes: During this period Operation Stamina was in progress. 'Stamina' was the codename for the maintenance by air of British IV Corps and the RAF on the Imphal plain 18 April - 30 June 1944. During this period some 12,000 reinforcements and 21,600 tons of supplies were flown in, and 13,000 casualties flown out. More than 7,000 sorties were flown. Comilla now in Bangladesh. No slates, date from dopesheet.
- Link to IWM Collections page:
- Related IWM Collections Objects: