FIELD MARSHAL MONTGOMERY DECORATES TROOPS SERVING WITH THE 15TH (SCOTTISH) DIVISION FOR GALLANTRY (PART 2) [Allocated Title]
Created by filmcom…@iwm.org.uk
- Title: FIELD MARSHAL MONTGOMERY DECORATES TROOPS SERVING WITH THE 15TH (SCOTTISH) DIVISION FOR GALLANTRY (PART 2) [Allocated Title]
- Film Number: A70 160-4
- Other titles:
- Summary: Additional coverage of the award-giving ceremony at 15th (Scottish) Division's headquarters near Gheel.
- Description: The cameraman examines briefly the sign standing outside the HQ's signals office. Filming from on top of a lorry, the cameraman observes troops drawn up in a hollow square watching Field Marshal Montgomery decorate officers for gallantry during the fighting in Normandy; visible near the presentation table are the divisional commander, Major-General Barber, and GOC 12th Corps, Lieutenant-General Ritchie. A Guard of Honour presents arms and the massed pipes and drums of the 15th (Scottish) Division play as the 21st Army Group commander departs in his Humber staff car "Old Faithful". The cameraman observes some of the Scottish pipers as they play the divisional march-past.
- Access Conditions: IWM Attribution: © IWM
- Featured Period: 1939-1945
- Production Date: 1944-09-15
- Production Country: GB
- Production Details: Directorate of Public Relations, War Office (Production sponsor) Army Film and Photographic Unit (Production company) Lawrie, William Fairlie1919-07-01Family origin: Glasgow, Scotland (Production individual)
- Personalities, Units and Organisations: Montgomery, Bernard Law (person) British Army, Army Gp 21 (regiment/service) British Army, Div 15 (regiment/service) British Army, Corps 12 (regiment/service)
- Keywords: ceremonies, Allied - event-related: investiture (object name) transport, British military - car: Humber staff car (object name)
- Physical Characteristics: Colour format: B&W Sound format: Silent Soundtrack language: None Title language: None Subtitle language: None
- Technical Details: Format: 35mm Footage: 64 ft; Running time: 1 min
- Notes: Note: Best seen with A70 160-3 and refer generally to ciné material showing the 15th (Scottish) Division in action in Normandy, particularly during Operation "Epsom" and to A70 159-1 and 2 which feature Montgomery and some of his generals at a meeting in Antwerp. Remarks: Best seen with items of ciné material listed above, notably A70 160-3 which contains complementary footage. Documentation/associated material: for a bibliography, refer to the publications listed in A70 166-3.
- Link to IWM Collections page:
- Related IWM Collections Objects: