ANTI-SPRAY EQUIPMENT WITH PROTECTION AGAINST SPRAY ATTACK [Main Title]
Created by filmcom…@iwm.org.uk
- Title: ANTI-SPRAY EQUIPMENT WITH PROTECTION AGAINST SPRAY ATTACK [Main Title]
- Film Number: ADM 126
- Other titles: PROTECTION AGAINST SPRAY ATTACK [Alternative Title]
- Summary: Two separate but linked instructional films held under the same number.
- Description: I. ANTI-SPRAY EQUIPMENT (ca 360 ft). A man dresses himself in each item of an anti-spray gas rig, the commentator indicating the correct way to don each piece of equipment and the length of time for which it provides protection. Items are: rubber sea-boots, long oilskins, respirator and haversack, eyeshields, anti-gas gloves, tin helmet. II. PROTECTION AGAINST SPRAY ATTACK (ca 600 ft). Measures to be taken is sprayed by blister gas. On-duty men should wear full rig (see above and ADM 125) and carry a respirator. When an attack has taken place, off-duty men should take immediate shelter, on-duty men should take immediate shelter, on-duty men should wipe off liquid gas with cotton waste, don anti-gas gloves and carry on duty. After duty he should not be affected, but must go through a full cleansing routine. Off-duty men must wipe off liquid with cotton waste, put on ointment, and dispose of contaminated outer clothing by throwing it outside the building.
- Access Conditions: Attribution: © IWM (ADM 126)
- Featured Period: 1919-1939
- Production Date: 1939
- Production Country: GB
- Production Details: Royal Navy School of Photography (Production company)
- Personalities, Units and Organisations:
- Keywords: equipment, British naval - personal: anti-gas suit (object name) training, British military - specialist: gas warfare (object name) weapons, British (?) - CBW: phosphene gas (object name) weapons, British (?) - CBW: blister gas (object name)
- Physical Characteristics: Colour format: B&W Sound format: Sound Soundtrack language: English Title language: English Subtitle language: None
- Technical Details: Format: 35mm Number of items/reels/tapes: 1 Footage: 960 ft; Running time: 11 mins
- Notes: Cataloguing: second and third parts of series of six films on anti-gas measures.
- Link to IWM Collections page:
- Related IWM Collections Objects: