By continuing to use this site without changing your cookie settings,
and for us to access our cookies on your device.
Other titles:ROYAL NAVY NEWS MAGAZINES [Allocated Series Title]
Summary: Royal Navy news magazine.
1. Tony Bastable visits HMS Liverpool in refit to discuss the transfer of the Type 42s to Portsmouth. Senior and Junior Rates give their view of the move and the increasing numbers of WRNS at sea.
2. Link to camera in which Tony Bastable outlines Options for Change and its effects.
3. FOSNI (Vice Admiral Sir Hugo White) addresses Liverpool Ship's Company about the future.
4. Tony Bastable interviews Rosyth Naval Base Commander (Captain Niels Westberg) on the plans to make the Base the home of small ships.
'Whistle stop' tour of Scotland
5. HMS Gannet - covering the Met Office and the SAR Squadron. Tony Bastable interviews Maggie Brodie - the first 'flying' MA(Q).
a. HMS Kedleston and 819 Squadron Sea Kings rescue trawler Arran Lass.
b. The Inter-services Triathlon at Stoke Bay.
c. Lieutenant Commander Jane Grimley describes her time in Moscow during the August coup.
d. Portsmouth Command Novice Boxing Championships.
e. FOSNI's Band rehearsing' Alba'.
'Whistle stop' continued
7. HMS Neptune at Faslane -brief description of developments since last report.
8. HMS Condor - 45 Commando in training and spoof interview with Captain 'M' of Comacchio Group. Reactions of WRNS and QARNNS to full military training recorded.
9. Kate Bellamy looks at the Merlin and interviews Commander Colin Hague RNR (Chief Test Pilot) and Lieutenant Commander David Durston.
'Whistle stop' concluded
10. Tony Bastable visits HMS Archer at sea off Aberdeen and interviews CO (Lieutenant John Clink).
Production Country: GB
Production Details: Royal Navy (Production sponsor)
World Wide Pictures (Production company)
Personalities, Units and Organisations:
Physical Characteristics: Colour format: Colour
Sound format: Sound
Soundtrack language: English
Title language: English
Subtitle language: None
Technical Details: Format: Beta-SP
Number of items/reels/tapes: 1
Notes: Technical: labeled "Prod 11735... Beta Copy from 1-inch Master (Replacement 6th Jan 92)"