By continuing to use this site without changing your cookie settings,
and for us to access our cookies on your device.
Other titles:ROYAL NAVY NEWS MAGAZINES [Allocated Series Title]
Summary: Royal Navy news magazine.
1. Tony Bastable introduces programme from HMS Plover.
2. Brief history of Hong Kong and RN involvement.
3. HMS Plover:
a. Interview with CO -LtCdr Davis.
b. TB reports on night patrol from FPC.
c. Report on damage to FPC in subsequent incident.
4. Interview with CAPIC Hong Kong (Captain Gordon-Lennox) on RN 'police duties' and
commercial importance of Hong Kong
5. WRNS training for sea and Vox Pops -Zoe Whiteman interviews Captain Marshall, Chief Nursing Officer Claire Taylor QARNNS and Chief Officer Wilson WRNS.
a. Dartmouth Training Squadron visits Tokyo.
b. HRH The Duchess of York names RFA Fort Victoria.
c. Transfer of dockyards from Chief of Fleet Support to CINCNA VHOME.
d. Charity Row from Westminster to Paris by Met Police with RN and RNR support.
7. Interview with CPO Alan Lam who reminisces on the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong.
8. Interview with Annie who still runs a Side Party.
9. The future of the LEPs:
a. Vox Pops from LEPs
b. Interview with CAPIC Hong Kong.
a. Army v. Navy Rugby
b. RN Powerboat Racing Team
c. Fencing -Individual Championships and Inter-Unit Knock Out
d. Introduction of DNR Sports Action Pack.
11. The China Fleet Club -history and present facilities.
12. Vox Pops from ratings serving in HMS Tamar.
13. The move to Stonecutters Island.
Production Country: GB
Production Details: Royal Navy (Production sponsor)
World Wide Pictures (Production company)
Personalities, Units and Organisations:
Physical Characteristics: Colour format: Colour
Sound format: Sound
Soundtrack language: English
Title language: English
Subtitle language: None
Technical Details: Format: U-matic
Number of items/reels/tapes: 1